Monday, November 21, 2011

New addiction!

I spent the weekend making Dotee Dolls.  I'd never heard of them until last week when my friend Sherry invited me to join her new yahoo group and now I'm hooked.  I looked for some instruction and inspiration online and found that I'm a little late to the game.  The creator of the concept doesn't even have her tutorial posted on her blog anymore. From what I learned, the bodies are anywhere from 3 to 7 inches long. They usually have a felt face and they should have something to hang them from, either ribbon, cording or a beaded wire. They have no arms and you can add beads across the bottom or a beaded tail.  Dotee Dolls are fun, fast and can be funky!  I like that!  They take very few supplies and anyone can make them.  The dolls are not meant to be sold, they are meant to be traded or given as gifts.  If you would like to trade Dotee Dolls, come join us in the new group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DazzlingDoteesDolls/  




1 comment:

Clare said...

Love them I might give them a go in the new year, I love getting new inspiration.